The Canary Islands located off the Atlantic coast of Morocco have become one of the hottest destinations for tourists from Europe and America. The 7 islands boast of an exotic landscape with plenty of volcanoes, rich forests, rugged cliffs, white and black sand beaches and a numerous sand dunes. Whether you are looking for a romantic holiday, great cruise around the Canary Islands, or an adventure trip, the islands will provide you with all the fun and adventure you desire. In this article, we take a look at the best five attractions in the Canary Islands.
1. Parque Nacional Del Teide, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The Canary Islands are well known for their national parks located known as Parque Nacionals and the most popular of these is Teide national park. The park is surrounded on all sides by moon like landscape and is where Mount Heide, the third largest volcano in the world and the largest in Europe is located. The mountain peak is as well the highest point in the entire Canary Islands. People who like mountain climbing will enjoy the adventure of climbing to the top of the mountain. Those who cannot climb have the opportunity to view the surrounding areas from the cable cars that take tourists around. If you are a nature travel lover, this one is for you.
2. Siam Park in Adeje. For those who like to have fun away from the beach or resort, Siam Park is the best place on the islands. The water park is found in Costa Adeje on Tenerife Island and is one of the most amazing water parks not only in Spain but in Europe. The Thai themed park has a great wave pool, a beach area, a lazy river and a variety of thrilling and adventurous water rides like the Dragon rides, the amazing Kinnaree and the power of tower toboggans.
3. Loro Park, Puerto De La Cruz. Loro Park is another popular tourist spot on the Canary Islands that lives up to its billing. The park located in Tenerife is an all in one park, zoo, museum and theme park and has activities for all ages. The animal shows at Loro park are breathtaking and a beauty to see with animals like orca whales, parrots, sea lions and dolphins all providing entertainment for the tourists. The park is ideal for parents with little kids.
4. Tifamanya National Park in Tinajo. The park is located on Lanzarote Island and is without doubt the number two national park on the Canaries after Teide. The park offers tourists an opportunity to see the volcanic nature of the Canaries landscape as well as visit the active volcano known as ‘Fire Mountain People who have never seen geysers also have an opportunity to view them at the park while the camel rides through the park are a must for every tourist. There is plenty of flora and fauna for tourists to see.
5. La Playa De Maspalomas Beach on the island of Gran Canaria. The beach is one of the most beautiful places on the islands and is a favorite place for tourists who like to enjoy the sunny weather on the islands. There are plenty of games on the islands and people can go surfing, play beach sports among others. Other must see attractions in Maspalomas include El Faro and Palmitos parks.
The Canary Islands are among the most beautiful islands on earth and have got plenty more attractions to offer apart from the ones above and is a place for almost everyone. Remember to stay healthy and follow the basic tips on how to stay healthy as you travel.